Watch Dogs Gets New Patch
Watch Dogs has seen a bit of a rocky start with its release, and while its managed overall strong critical reviews, it’s struggled under the weight of a few too many bugs and glitches disrupting the gaming experience. Fortunately, Ubisoft is in the process of releasing a major patch for the game across all platforms that will help to address a number of these, including some mission-breaking bugs, and graphical improvements. The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of the patch are currently available; PC is coming soon; and Xbox 360 and Xbox One should get it sometime next week.
Some of the more specific issues addressed in this patch include corrupted saves, where a game save would only load to 90%. The weapon wheel no longer loads as empty, and hacking abilities have been restored. In multiplayer, the patch fixes connection issues as well as spawning of enemies.
The PC appears to be getting the brunt of the patch, an issue most likely related to the graphics. The full list of fixes for the patch on the PC are:
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.